Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of Public School

Today was the first day of school for our district. Last night, I was second guessing myself. Worrying about whether or not we are making the best choice for our kiddos. Is he going to be missing out? Will he get everything from us teaching that he needs to be successful out there? I was just full of questions. This morning, I woke up feeling good. I prayed and pondered and feel like I'm going to be doing the right thing. After we got back from the park, we had some company over and one of the guys had been homeschooled! I asked him how he liked it and he said it was good for him. All of his siblings were homeschooled and he said it worked great for their family. It helped me to see someone that had been through it and wasn't deprived. It made me feel so much better. I look forward to this year and the learning that is going to take place by both of us.
I wanted to do something different for the kiddos since they didn't have to be up for school today when all of their friends did. We finished up school and packed a picnic lunch. We headed over to the new park that was built behind our community center. It is a futuristic-style park. At least that is what the description said. It had some things on it that I have never seen before. It was really neat. Not so much for Kaydence, but it worked out good for Kameron. We played there and then went over to the baseball field and play at the playground there. Then, we sat under the pavilion and had our picnic lunch. We then went back over to the new area and played on the water slab. It has jets of water that shoot up and spray. It was so much fun!! I even joined them playing in the water. We were the only people there, and I look forward to bringing more people and telling our homeschool group about it this Thursday when we meet!!

0 comments: